Tarion-approved: Business Planning and Management Workshop
With advice from the Presidents of two successful Ontario Home builders, learn the best strategies and practices on how to build your business.
From acquiring land, applying for permits to management systems and contracting with trades, Sean (Mason Homes), Peter (Midhaven Homes) and Michael (Facilitator), will guide you through each and every step of the home builder process.
This will be a private offering of the course. Building off of the success of the boardroom sessions of our Construction Technology and Building Science Course, we will now offer boardroom sessions for our Business Planning and Management class. The class size is limited to 8 people to facilitate more meaningful discussion and to build better understanding.
By the end of the workshop you will have the following skills:
- How to get started: The process to become a registered builder in Ontario
- Acquiring land
- Learn how to navigate the permit applications and process
- Successful contracts with Trades
- Learn how to create your company’s Statement of vision, objectives and goals
- Create a successful Financial Plan, including: Pro-forma statement of operations (income statement), Pro-forma statement of financial position (balance sheet) and Cash flow estimates
- Create a Marketing Plan using advice and strategies from successful builders
- Implement your own Marketing Plan, including: market research, planning, pricing, sales strategy, advertising plan and more!
- Implement an Operating plan to ensure the continued success of your business
When and Where
Date(s): October 18th and 19th, 2018
Length: 2 days (includes exam)
Where: buildABILITY, 170 Sheppard Ave E, Suite 202, Toronto, ON M2N 3A4
Cost: $799 + HST (includes exam, breakfast, and lunch)
Course price does not include rewrite fee for Exams. Rewrites for failed exams are $150 + HST per attempt.
Group rates are available for 6 or more. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This is part of the new Tarion Education Criteria as of September 1, 2015 for new applicants proposing to build residential freehold and low-rise condominium under Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code. For more information on what competencies you need to meet, please visit “Tarion’s Getting Registered Page“.
Please note: This is a technical workshop intended for persons wishing to become a Tarion registered homebuilder. buildABILITY reserves the right to limit registration to individuals with the necessary demonstrated prerequisite knowledge and expertise.
If you have not cancelled yourself from the seminar within 48 hours or less prior to its commencement and you didn’t show up, you will be charged a full fee.
If you need to cancel yourself from a seminar and it is 48 hours or less you will be able to send someone else from your organization.
A full refund of the paid amount (less $75 + HST Administration Fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to the seminar. (Cancellations must be received by phone or email)
Rescheduling, relocating, or cancelling events is at the discretion of buildABILITY Corporation. Should this happen: we will provide a notice 5 days prior to the seminar, you will not be charged.
$799 + HST
170 Sheppard Ave E, Suite 202, Toronto, ON M2N 3A4
Thursday, Oct 18, 2018
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Oct 19 2018 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM