[SOLD OUT] Tarion-approved: Customer Service and Tarion Warranty
Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified for the next session!
Date: March 28th, April 4th and April 11th, 2017
Length: 3 days + exam, in-class. Classes are once per week.
Where: Thornhill Golf and Country Club , 7994 Yonge Street, Thornhill ON, L4J 4W3
Price: $960 + HST
Group rates are available for 6 or more. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a group rate.
NB: Early bird discount code available for pre-registrants on waiting list only. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Explain the most important factors of service excellence and how to implement them
- Manage customer expectations and understand how they affect customer service
- Discuss the causes of disputes, customer dissatisfaction and learn how to resolve disputes
- Understand attributes of an effective customer service strategy and plan
- Understand the home buying process and learn how to provide good customer service throughout
- Navigate through difficult conversations with customers to produce win/win results
- Learn how to plan for service work including: time management, budgeting, and trades management
- Explain Tarion’s role in the new home industry in Ontario
- Describe the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act & Regulations as it relates to your business
- Summarize Freehold and Condominium Ownership structures
- Explain the details of the Tarion Warranty including: deposit protection; delayed closing; and the one, two, and seven year warranties
- Use Tarion Builder Bulletins 19, 20, 28, 42
- Apply Tarion’s Construction Performance Guidelines
- Understand Appeal mechanisms: LAT (Licence Appeal Tribunal) and BAF (Builder Arbitration Forum)
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Michael Lio, P.Eng, M.Eng
Michael has worked with builders across Canada for more than 30 years. He has worked with Tarion since 1988 as a consultant and most recently as a board member. Michael has been a consumer advocate over his entire career. He has been the Executive Director of the Consumers Council of Canada (2000 to 2008) and the Homeowner Protection Centre (2009 to 2014). He has represented consumers on various organizations including the boards of ESA, TSSA, and Advertising Standards Canada. Michael has facilitated hundreds of training sessions for audiences across Canada. Recently, he authored the publication, Best Practices for Builder Customer Service as a compendium of procedures and policies from the very best home builders from across Canada and the United States. Michael has built a tool kit for builders to immediately improve their relationship with their homeowners.
This is part of the new Tarion Education Criteria as of September 1, 2015 for new applicants proposing to build residential freehold and low-rise condominium under Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code. For more information on what competencies you need to meet, please visit “Tarion’s Getting Registered Page“.
Please note: This is a technical workshop intended for persons wishing to become a Tarion registered homebuilder. buildABILITY reserves the right to limit registration to individuals with the necessary demonstrated prerequisite knowledge and expertise.
If you have not cancelled yourself from the seminar within 48 hours or less prior to its commencement and you didn’t show up, you will be charged a full fee.
If you need to cancel yourself from a seminar and it is 48 hours or less you will be able to send someone else from your organization.
A full refund of the paid amount (less $50 + HST Administration Fee) will be issued for cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to the seminar. (Cancellations must be received by phone or email)
Rescheduling, relocating, or cancelling events is at the discretion of buildABILITY Corporation. Should this happen: we will provide a notice 5 days prior to the seminar, you will not be charged.
Thornhill Golf and Country Club
7994 Yonge Street, Thornhill ON, L4J 4W3
Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM